Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2011 through end of March

01/18/11 - Mwende wakes up and requests coffee with no sugar.

01/18/11 - Patrick asks Mwende if she can share her egg with him. She instantly turns around and says to me, "Cook an egg for my Dad, Mom."

02/03/11 - Mwende: "Mama, I need a knife."
Me: "A knife?!?!"
Mwende: "Not a dangerous knife. Just, can I have a not-dangerous knife?"
Me: "What do you need a knife for?"
Mwende: "I need a knife for cutting something."
Me: "What do you need to cut?"
Mwende: "I need to cut something that's great for cutting with a knife. What's great for cutting, Mama?"
Me: ""I'm going to have to say no..."

02/09/11 - Mwende wants to know who she got out of my tummy when she was a baby. (I do my best to explain a c-section to her)

02/11/11 - Mwende wants to know why her Susu in Kenya is sleeping right now since the sun is up. (I explain it to her using a globe and a flashlight)

02/12/11 - Mwende wants to know why we can't see the earth turning. (I didn't have an answer for that one...)

02/21/11 - Mwende has a "monster ghost friend named Mwende" who has hair the same color as she does. She's afraid of her new friend, so she sleeps in her tent to hide.

02/28/11 - Mwende: "Knock Knock."
Patrick: "Who's there?"
Mwende: "Me! Mwende!"
Patrick: "Mwende who?"
Mwende: "Mwende Kimani and I have my bible!"

03/01/11 - Mwende has an imaginary pet ant that she is carrying around. She tells me that she loves him.

03/01/11 - Mwende puts a bunch of coins in a skillet and puts the lid on. She just sits there on the floor staring at it. Then she turns to me and says, "Mom, I'm waiting for the money to change into something else. Like cereal!"

03/07/11 - Mwende tells me that I need to go to the store to buy her some (girl scout) cookies and that it's okay, I can leave her at home and she'll take care of herself.

03/08/11 - Mwende was sick for a few days. I told her, "Mwende, you haven't been eating much lately." Mwende responds, "That's okay 'cause I can do a headstand and a flip. See?" (Decided she was feeling better.)

03/10/11 - Mwende tells me that she is cooking me an egg with light salt and frosting.

03/12/11 - Mwende shows me the various "dishes" she's made for family members. "Eggs" for Patrick, Mwelu and I and "popcorn" for her sister Joan and her brother Joseph.

03/19/11 - Mwende tells me that she is "milking" her rubber ducky while she shows me how it squirts water.

03/28/11 - "I'm never going to play again! I'm just going to lie here and wait for it be time for the tv to turn on again."

1 comment: