Saturday, March 3, 2012

Memory

This is one that I've been thinking on since Mwende said it yesterday. It's not a funny moment so much as a "my child is amazing" moment. Yesterday, completely out of the blue, she tells me, "Mommy, I miss our house that had wood floors." On the surface that's not anything special. Until you take into consideration that we moved away from that house when she was 10 months old. We haven't lived in a place that had wood floors or even anything resembling wood floors since then. I started thinking that maybe she saw the wood floors in pictures. So I went to look at old pictures. Then I realized that even I haven't looked at those pictures in a couple of years. (And if I haven't, then she hasn't!) So I'm not sure what to think about it. Does she really remember? I find it hard to believe but maybe, just maybe she really does. It's one of those things that I'll store away in my heart to bring out at a later time.





No comments:

Post a Comment